The Center of the Lutheran World Federation in the Luther town of Wittenberg endeavours to assist people of various cultures and different generations to discover the significance of the Reformation which Luther set in motion. In order to undergird and develop the work of the Center, we offer young people from the member churches an unique opportunity of doing a practical in Wittenberg for up to three months.
This provides a possibility of getting to know the Luther town and the work of the LWF in a concentrated way in preparation for the anniversary of the Reformation. It requires a high degree of flexibility and a good measure of independence and organizational competence in order to provide support especially in the following areas:
- Welcoming and accompanying guests from the member churches of the LWF during their visits to Wittenberg and other Luther sites
- Assistance in developing programs for visitors in order to link historical sites such as the Castle Church, the Town Church and their special works of art with the religious experience of people from other continents
- Assistance in communicating with member churches and the general public
- caring for the website
- Assistance during the international seminars
The Center offers:
- Life in a town of great historical significance and close contact with the Luther sites
- Intensive encounters on matters of life and faith with visitors from various cultures
- Encounter with the social and ecclesiastical context in East Germany
- A small flat and assistance with living expenses and the necessary insurance payments
- Interest in working with people of different cultures and with varying interests in the Reformation
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Good mastery of the German and English languages
If this has awakened your interest, please get in touch with the director of the Center, Pastor Hans W. Kasch, email@example.com , for further information.